Kerstin Green
Kerstin Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
English to German
+ ...
May 16, 2010

I have a problem with the Export/Import function:
When I export a project, which is not completed, using the Export Wizard, and later re-import the ara-file, the document will be shown as completed.I have tried all sorts of things but I cannot re-open it. When I go via Cross Board, I get a message "Task already finished and will be opened in read-only mode".
What can I do to change this?

I have no problem re-opening any other tasks in my Across, so it must be something t
... See more
I have a problem with the Export/Import function:
When I export a project, which is not completed, using the Export Wizard, and later re-import the ara-file, the document will be shown as completed.I have tried all sorts of things but I cannot re-open it. When I go via Cross Board, I get a message "Task already finished and will be opened in read-only mode".
What can I do to change this?

I have no problem re-opening any other tasks in my Across, so it must be something to do with the export/import procedure.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Kerstin

Across Version 5.00 i_de packge version 9
Standalone Version (task was not sent by a client but created from a doc by me)
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:43
Spanish to German
+ ...
Open the document and pre-translate May 16, 2010

Hi Kerstin,
I would open the original document and hit pre-translate ("Tools -> Vor-Übersetzung" with my german interface). Since all of your translation work is stored in the crossTank, you should get it done until the point where you stopped translating.

Hope it helps
Liselotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open project after import

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »