Across: Can not be opened any more (Urgent)
Thread poster: Arabictranslate

Arabictranslate  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:50
German to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 24, 2010

Hello dear colleagues,

After working for a while on a large project in Across, Avira Antivirus blocked opening it due to trojan infection. Avira quantaired the file across.exe and prevented using it.

Trying to cahnge the name or to add across EXE files to the exceptions lists didn't help so much.

After trying to get Avira ignoring this file, the following new error message appears:

Across.exe - Entry point not found
The procedure entry point
?InternalToExternal@CSyslangInfo@@SAKKH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link liberary SysLandDatu.dll.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem, because Across support didn't provide enough help with it yesterday?

This issue is very critical because, I've to complete working on the project ASAP to deliver it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards
ATT

Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 14:50
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Same thing Jul 24, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I have no idea why. Avira said out of the blue that I have a trojan ... and blocked everything.

Arabictranslate  Identity Verified
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Avira and or update to the latest Across patch Jul 24, 2010

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I have no idea why. Avira said out of the blue that I have a trojan ... and blocked everything.

Across support recommended me to update Avira. But this didn't help in my case.

I backed up Across using the toolcrossBackupOffline.exe (located in the folder "crossGoodies\Backup+Restore_PE' in Across folder). Then I restored it. Unfortunately, this alone didn't help as well.

* But later upon the Support's advice I updated Across to the latest batch version "K"

"ftp://ftp.across.net/across_5.0_patches/Across_v5.00_K_mui.zip"

Surprisingly, Across is now working again without any problem.

P.S. One of my attempts in between was also to uninstall Avira AV, but I think this might not be necessary.

I hope, this would be helpful for you too.

Thanks and best regards
ATT

Andrew Rennison
German to English
+ ...
Avira notified Jul 26, 2010

Hi everyone,

I also had this problem and sent the file avira quarantined (i.e. the across.exe file) to avira for examination.

Here is the response I receive just now:

We received the following archive files:
File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result
25820930 48e4b975.rar 7 MB OK

A listing of files contained inside archives alongside their results can be found below:
File ID Filename Size (Byte) Result
25820931 48e4b975.vir 17.26 MB FALSE POSITIVE

Please find a detailed report concerning each individual sample below:
Filename Result
48e4b975.vir FALSE POSITIVE

The file '48e4b975.vir' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.

So it looks like we're going to have to wait until an update comes along, and then reinstall (my version no longer works in any case).
Unless someone has a tip for me..... (perhaps I'll try running the K update as ATT described, although I already had that installed).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across: Can not be opened any more (Urgent)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search