Thread poster: Chiara Jaeger

Chiara Jaeger
Italy
Local time: 04:15
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2010

Hi,
it is normal that the search function in the original text is disabled?
The function only works in the target text and I can't find how to activate it for the original text.
I have not the rights in order to change system adjustements and I'm working offline.
Thank you in advance - Chiara

Walter Moura  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:15
English to Portuguese
Use Cross-View Aug 4, 2010

Hello, Chiara,

I too work offline, and have found that using the CrossView function on the right of the pane works. You can use the find funcion there, both for source and target, and lots of other useful information, such as document structure, quality management, progress information with the percentage you have translated, and how much you have to translate. My only complaint is that I have to use the mouse, instead of a key shortcut.

I hope this helps.

Chiara Jaeger
Italy
Local time: 04:15
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the answer was very useful Aug 4, 2010

Hi Walter,
thanks very much for your answer, it was really useful!!
Chiara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

across: search function in original text disabled

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search