https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/182230-tm_not_updating.html

TM not updating
Thread poster: KJIDTP
KJIDTP
KJIDTP
Local time: 13:17
English
Oct 6, 2010

We've had several cases now that when a task is completed in Across the TM is not updated, and cannot be updated even when we run "Store finished translations" in Across. We've checked that all segments are in the finished state, but still the translations are not stored.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Has anyone found a way to work around it?

Thanks,
Megan

AAV
AAV
Local time: 02:17
You can use "store finished translations" in Project Module Oct 11, 2010

Right click on project in Project Module, select "store finished translations".
On the second Wizard step select state, for which storing should be done (touched/translated/corrected/...).

KJIDTP
KJIDTP
Local time: 13:17
English
TOPIC STARTER
TM updating resolved Oct 11, 2010

I did try using the store translations menu with no success.

We finally updated the TM in this most recent case by finding that in our Profile Settings >> crossTank >> Storing options we had selected "Overwrite my entries" - meaning that only translation units being updated by the original TU author could be updated. When we changed this to "Overwrite all entries" and re-finished the project we were finally able to update the TM.

Some earlier issues we had also seemed t
... See more
I did try using the store translations menu with no success.

We finally updated the TM in this most recent case by finding that in our Profile Settings >> crossTank >> Storing options we had selected "Overwrite my entries" - meaning that only translation units being updated by the original TU author could be updated. When we changed this to "Overwrite all entries" and re-finished the project we were finally able to update the TM.

Some earlier issues we had also seemed to come from this menu in Profile settings; where some TM entries were stored but not with the appropriate attributes so that we could locate them.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM not updating

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »