Cannot open database "across" requested by the login
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana
Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Oct 10, 2010

Hello

Windows XP Pro SP3, KIS 11, Across standalone v5

Across stopped working with this error message

Errore non specificato. [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] Cannot open database "across" requested by the login. The login failed. [hr=-2147467259]
Error: [4060] 0x80004005. Cannot open database "across" requested by the login. The login failed. [42000]

I suspect one of last Windows patches or a KIS updates, but disabling KIS doesn't work

even the Across SP1 wasn't able to fix it

I'm becoming to be angry with this tool (that luckily for me only 1 agency wants)

Claudio

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
just found the culprit ! Oct 10, 2010

and used an old Across support advice:
Windows Disc-Clean-Up has compressed the database files. If the databases are compressed you cannot use them anymore before you have not decompressed them. The databases can be found by default under C:/Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/MSSQL.1/MSSQL/Data. You can detect if the files are compressed if the files are shown in blue color. You can decompress the files via right-click>>Properties>>Advanced.

anyway, I can't understand why programmers cannot get rid of this issues, as one cannot remember all this things, and under pressure of a deadline this accident can be a nightmare ...
(not the case this time

Claudio

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open database "across" requested by the login

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search