https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/184955-delete_entire_crosstank_translation_memory.html

Delete entire crossTank translation memory
Thread poster: Fugee
Fugee
Fugee
Local time: 23:22
Dutch to English
Nov 9, 2010

I've used Across a couple of times and have now decided to give it a go full-time. When I first started using Across and getting to understand it, I often exported the texts back to their original format and edited the files further outside of Across. This has meant that some of the translation units in the memory are not ideal.

I have no understanding of SQL or how Across uses the translation memory. I was therefore wondering whether there's a way to delete everything in crossTank
... See more
I've used Across a couple of times and have now decided to give it a go full-time. When I first started using Across and getting to understand it, I often exported the texts back to their original format and edited the files further outside of Across. This has meant that some of the translation units in the memory are not ideal.

I have no understanding of SQL or how Across uses the translation memory. I was therefore wondering whether there's a way to delete everything in crossTank so that I can reimport my Trados memory. Or would uninstalling Across and all the SQL entiries in my Windows Control Panel and then reinstalling Across be the best/only solution?
Collapse

Nicole Keller
Nicole Keller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Delete entire crossTank translation memory Nov 11, 2010

Hi!

Deleting everything in Across is very easy.
Open the crossTank Manager and select the language combination.
Make sure that you select "All results" under the menu tools. Otherwise you only get a maximum of 500 entries per search. Click the Search button without entering any search word. Select all the results and delete them via the toolbar.
Repeat this for all language combinations you have.

Good luck!
Nicole

Fugee
Fugee
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Delete entire crossTank translation memory - thanks Nov 11, 2010

Nicole Keller wrote:

Deleting everything in Across is very easy.
Open the crossTank Manager and select the language combination.
Make sure that you select "All results" under the menu tools. Otherwise you only get a maximum of 500 entries per search. Click the Search button without entering any search word. Select all the results and delete them via the toolbar.
Repeat this for all language combinations you have.

Good luck!
Nicole

Thanks Nicole.

That did the trick. It's easy when you know how.

Tabea_Henke
Tabea_Henke
German to French
+ ...
across requires me to enter a term, otherwise no search possible.. Feb 22, 2011

"Make sure that you select "All results" under the menu tools. Otherwise you only get a maximum of 500 entries per search. Click the Search button without entering any search word. Select all the results and delete them via the toolbar.
Repeat this for all language combinations you have."

Dear Nicole and Fugee!
I wish to delete all cross tank entries for a particular project. However, it is not possible to start a search without entering a search term. How did you manage
... See more
"Make sure that you select "All results" under the menu tools. Otherwise you only get a maximum of 500 entries per search. Click the Search button without entering any search word. Select all the results and delete them via the toolbar.
Repeat this for all language combinations you have."

Dear Nicole and Fugee!
I wish to delete all cross tank entries for a particular project. However, it is not possible to start a search without entering a search term. How did you manage to do so?

Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 04:22
crossTank Manager, Concordance search Feb 25, 2011

Please make sure you have selected "Concordance search" in dropdown list (and not the "similar sentence search").

Tabea_Henke
Tabea_Henke
German to French
+ ...
crossTank manager, concordance search Mar 2, 2011

Dear AAV
That was very helpful, thank you very much for your suggestion!

Kind regards

Tabea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delete entire crossTank translation memory

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »