Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:49
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 15, 2011

Hello,

I am new to Across. I am translating into an RTL language. When I want to insert an inline element using the shortcut keys ctrl+shift+number the element is inserted but the text turns to be LTR aligned. This is, I suppose, due to the fact that the key shortcut to change the text direction is ctrl+shift. Is there a way around it (other than using the mouse), or am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:49
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Feb 17, 2011

I found out that only when pressing ctrl+shift on the left side of the keyboard, the text direction changes. Therefore, when I want to insert inline tags, I simply use the ctrl+shift on the right side of the keyboard.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting inline elements does not work well

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search