https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/204503-alt_r_short_cut_and_other_short_cuts_stop_working_after_autopropagation.html

Alt + R short cut and other short cuts stop working after autopropagation
Thread poster: Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
Member (2009)
German to English
Aug 2, 2011

Hi

I am using Across version 5 sp1 C (I know I need to upgrade to E but not going to do that in the middle of a project)

I am translating a table with lots of repeated abbreviations and names. Often when I confirm a segment and it autopropagates, my short cuts stop working and I get a pinging sound when I try to use them.

This seems to occur after autopropagation and normally with the short cuts alt + r, alt + down arrow, alt + insert, alt + page down.
... See more
Hi

I am using Across version 5 sp1 C (I know I need to upgrade to E but not going to do that in the middle of a project)

I am translating a table with lots of repeated abbreviations and names. Often when I confirm a segment and it autopropagates, my short cuts stop working and I get a pinging sound when I try to use them.

This seems to occur after autopropagation and normally with the short cuts alt + r, alt + down arrow, alt + insert, alt + page down.

Edited to add the only way I seem to have found to make the short cuts start working again, is to close the task, close Across and restart it. Which is rather annoying and time consuming.

Any ideas?

Thanks

[Edited at 2011-08-02 12:20 GMT]
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 03:56
This happens because of window in the background Aug 3, 2011

Because of abbreviations it could happen that count of segments in source and in target text differs. Across shows "Sentence alignment" dialog in this case. But because of Across bug, when this dialog appears at the same time with auto-propagation, it becomes not visible.

As a workaround you can try clicking somewhere with mouse, or minimize-maximize Across, or use some alt+tab window changes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt + R short cut and other short cuts stop working after autopropagation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »