Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:19
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 27, 2011

G'day everyone

I'm a little confused as to whether Across Standalone Personal Edition is free or not. On some parts of the web site, it says "free" but on other parts of the web site it says "trial". It doesn't mention a price with the personal edition (only a value) and it doesn't say what the limitations (time, features?) of the "trial" is. Can anyone here help me with these questions, please?

Thanks
Samuel

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 01:19
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
free for freelancers but Aug 27, 2011

Hi Samuel,

Across Personal Edition is free for freelance translators but what happens if your TM size exceeds 4GB. It is 3 GB according to http://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/143758-top_across_tips.html#1208881

In that case you will have to use another SQL server which will not be free. Besides, you will have to purchase a paid version of Across supporting this professional SQL server.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:19
German to Spanish
+ ...
Across PE is free for registered freelancers Aug 27, 2011

Samuel Murray wrote:

G'day everyone

I'm a little confused as to whether Across Standalone Personal Edition is free or not. On some parts of the web site, it says "free" but on other parts of the web site it says "trial". It doesn't mention a price with the personal edition (only a value) and it doesn't say what the limitations (time, features?) of the "trial" is. Can anyone here help me with these questions, please?

Thanks
Samuel

Hi, Samuel: so far I know it was (and still is) completely free for registered freelancers, but you should refer to this page: http://www.my-across.net/en/index.aspx and not to the usual one: www.across.com.
You can register here: http://www.my-across.net/en/fdb-register.aspx

If I remember well (not quite sure), it was possible to use a trial of the PE version (and others) too and convert it back to the free version changing the license number after registering. However, I believe there is no difference between the trial and the free PE version.

Have a nice weekend.

[Edited at 2011-08-27 20:38 GMT]

Juan Solorzano
Local time: 17:19
English to Spanish
100% free Aug 27, 2011

It's absolutely free, including tech support, after registering, you'll get a license code in your email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Across free or not?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search