Across translate
Thread poster: Mohamed Al-Hefnawy

Mohamed Al-Hefnawy
Egypt
Local time: 09:11
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 19, 2012

I translated a big part of a project on a PC and due to a problem with this PC I have to to move to another, how can I insert the translations I have done to the new PC?

WEI XUE  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
German to Chinese
+ ...
Export and import Feb 19, 2012

Mohamed Al-Hefnawy wrote:

I translated a big part of a project on a PC and due to a problem with this PC I have to to move to another, how can I insert the translations I have done to the new PC?

File-Export project on old PC , then File - import project on new pc

China
Member (2008)
German to Chinese
+ ...
Export Feb 19, 2012

[修改时间: 2012-02-19 12:22 GMT]

Mohamed Al-Hefnawy
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Feb 19, 2012

I tried this solution, but I didn't find Export Project, I just found Retrieve Task and Deliver Task.

China
Member (2008)
German to Chinese
+ ...
TMX Feb 19, 2012

Mohamed Al-Hefnawy wrote:

I tried this solution, but I didn't find Export Project, I just found Retrieve Task and Deliver Task.

In that case

1.mark all paragraph as translated, then mark all paragraph as untouched, after that pre-translate, and save at last.

2. export translation

3. import translation on new pc.

[修改时间: 2012-02-19 18:39 GMT]

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:41
English to Swedish
Deliver and retrieve Feb 19, 2012

From what I understand you have retrieved the job from your clients server. To change to a different PC you will then have to:

1) Deliver the project using Deliver tasks, but make sure you don't have all paragraph set to translated (i.e. do not finalise the project)

2) Start Across on the new PC and set it up for the same client using the .cap file they provided.

3) Retrieve the same project using Retrive tasks

Done!

xxxKarnEvil
South Africa
German to English
+ ...
Backup+Restore Feb 21, 2012

In the installation folder of Across there is a a folder called “crossGoodies”. Open it. Then open the folder “Backup+Restore_PE”. Click on “PEBackupRestoreTool.exe”. A new window opens that will let you back up ALL your projects in one file that you can transfer to another PC.

Regards, Roland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across translate

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search