Can an Across user import a CafeTran TM for testing purposes?
Thread poster: trhanslator (X)

trhanslator (X)
Mar 10, 2013

Hi,

I currently haven't installed Across on my system.

Is there an Across user that can test whether s/he can import a CafeTran TMX file into a TM database?

The TMX file (a pseudo-translated Loewe manual) is available here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15919910/MBP/ProjectTM.tmx.zip

Thanks,

Hans


 

Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
I won't try it... Mar 10, 2013

trhanslator wrote:

... Is there an Across user that can test whether s/he can import a CafeTran TMX file into a TM database?

The TMX file (a pseudo-translated Loewe manual) is available here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15919910/MBP/ProjectTM.tmx.zip

...


... because your language combination probably wouldn't be much good to me (and a pseudo-translation is not the most pleasant thing to 'pollute' my 'master TM' ☺). If it is a straight-forward TMX file then Across should be able to do it, but I don't know how CafeTran treats that universal standard. When I receive TMX files from Trados, Wordfast, OmegaT, MemoQ, you name it, they all seem hell-bent on altering minute details, with the end result that TMX is only in theory a universal standard...


 

KarnEvil (X)
South Africa
Local time: 23:33
German to English
+ ...
Sure you can do it, Mar 11, 2013

but first use Okapi Olifant to clean up the TM of all sorts of data that CAT ususally add.

 

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:33
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
For translating an Across project in CafeTran? Mar 11, 2013

Hi Hans,

Another CAT tool can be used to translate Across projects which supports TMX as a translatable format. In Across, you first copy all source segments to target and export into TMX format. Translate it into your preferred CAT tool and import the TMX back to Across and pretranslate. It does not work in all Across projects though.

Selcuk


 

trhanslator (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Just for testing/verifying Mar 11, 2013

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Hans,

Another CAT tool can be used to translate Across projects which supports TMX as a translatable format. In Across, you first copy all source segments to target and export into TMX format. Translate it into your preferred CAT tool and import the TMX back to Across and pretranslate. It does not work in all Across projects though.

Selcuk


Hi Selçuk,

I was requested to verify whether Across can import a TM created by CafeTran.

My request wasn't job-relatedicon_wink.gif.

I'll probably verify myself, as soon as I have time to download and install Across.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Hans


 

trhanslator (X)
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Mar 11, 2013

trhanslator wrote:


I'll probably verify myself, as soon as I have time to download and install Across.



Done

Went alright!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can an Across user import a CafeTran TM for testing purposes?

Advanced search






PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search