Denys Dömin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:52
Member (2012)
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jun 15, 2013

Hi all,

Could someone please advise me, how to solve the following problem?

I have a project in Across (5.7, the last available version).
I've opened the file (its status was changed to "Confirmed" in the task list). I've translated and confirmed all the segments. But the "Finish" button remains inactive. The rollover text on it says: "Not all sections are finished" (actually the message may be a bit different in English, as I use German version). Moreover, the pe
... See more
Hi all,

Could someone please advise me, how to solve the following problem?

I have a project in Across (5.7, the last available version).
I've opened the file (its status was changed to "Confirmed" in the task list). I've translated and confirmed all the segments. But the "Finish" button remains inactive. The rollover text on it says: "Not all sections are finished" (actually the message may be a bit different in English, as I use German version). Moreover, the percentage of the task readiness in the task list hasn't changed as well (in the task list only; on the crossView statistics tab all segments are marked as translated).

I haven't seen anything like this yet. I think the task must be finished to be delivered as a CRU-file, but I can't finish it, though it's completely translated. (And saved: when I restart Across, my translation is not lost).

Thank you in advance.

P. S. Is that possible to deliver the CRU without finishing the file? (The CRU is created without problems, however some time ago another customer told me they couldn't open a CRU that contains unfinished translations.)

[Відредаговано 2013-06-15 18:34 GMT]
Collapse

Faruk Atabeyli
Faruk Atabeyli  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
QM error check: did you account for all error messages Jun 15, 2013

Some of the errors will not allow you to "finish" unless you remedy or ignore them. If you have such errors (multiple spaces, bounding spaces, etc.), either fix them or to ignore right click on the segment in the QA box and select "QM errors to be ignored" which will open another window.

I hope this is the problem you have and not something else.

[Edited at 2013-06-15 18:47 GMT]

Denys Dömin
Denys Dömin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2012)
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updated description Jun 15, 2013

Thank you, Faruk.

It seems I've understood the real reason: on the statistics tab the translated segments are in fact reported as "In Bearbeitung" (Being edited or something like that), not as "Abgeschlossen" (Finished). In this Across version I've found another option, which seems to be new (or which I haven't used before), that is "Geprüft" (Proofread?). I guess all segments must be "Proofread", not just "Translated" to finish the file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across problem: all segments confirmed, "Finish" button not available

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »