Thread poster: Asset Orymbayev

Asset Orymbayev  Identity Verified
Kazakhstan
Local time: 11:48
English to Kazakh
+ ...
Jun 20, 2013

Hi!

I tried to retrieve tasks, then stopped (because it was taking too much time to end).
Then when I tried to retrieve tasks again, Across throws an error message stating:
"Authorization failed. License (license number" is currently used by another user. Please contact your system administrator".

Who can help? Thanks!

Denys Dömin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:48
Member (2012)
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
Have you restarted Across? Jun 20, 2013

Hi,

Restart Across first of all. Maybe there is still a "ghost" process.
Close Across. Open Task Manager, click tab "Processes", make sure there are no Across-related processes running. Then start Across, enter password (if any) and try again. (Retrieving large files may last really long, so don't cancel this process, if there are no error messages).

Kazakhstan
English to Kazakh
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Jun 20, 2013

Hi Denys,

Yes, I tried this, even restarted OS, but this error happens.
I guess something on the server went wrong.
Installed patch, no luck((
Going to download again, maybe this will help.

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:48
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Contact the client Jun 20, 2013

Hi Asset

I have experienced this error message once or twice. I contacted the client and they fixed it. I think it is a problem at their end.

Also, if your project contains several files, and retrieving them takes a long time, try retrieving them one by one and tell the client you may be delayed because of this.

Good luck.
Anna

[Edited at 2013-06-20 07:37 GMT]

Kazakhstan
English to Kazakh
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Anna Jun 20, 2013

Hi Anna,

Thanks for advice!

Denys Dömin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:48
Member (2012)
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
Good luck then. Jun 20, 2013

I hope you'll manage it. (I've had another problem with Across last week, but in the end it turned out it was my own stupid mistake).

If the problem is really on the server side, maybe you'd better ask the client to re-upload the project or to create a new CWU for you... But that's just a guess.

Kazakhstan
English to Kazakh
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Denis Jun 21, 2013

Problem is already solved, it was on the server side. They restarted their server.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with retrieving task in Across

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search