Across claiming that I log on different machine
Thread poster: fredzell

fredzell
Local time: 10:44
Jul 30, 2013

Hi guys,

I have been working for a translation company, using Across Offline Client licence 5.7. Today when I was trying to log in to finish my correction projects I had been working on yesterday, I received the following message:

"The machine is different than the machine registered in a database.This can happen if you restored your database on another machine. You may want to switchthe database to this machine but in this case offline users will lose the possibility to upload all their previous tasks form the machine currently registered on the server. Are you sure you want to switch actual machine? Yes/No"

I haven't introduced any changes to Across or my system lately when it comes to installation. I have to finish my projects before the deadline and I still haven't heard from across support. Do any of you had to deal with similar problem? Do you know if after clicking "Yes" I will lose all the changes introduced to my projects and they will have to be reassigned to me?

Anna

Barbara Compañy  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm having the same problem. Nov 14, 2013

Across just answered that either:
1. The softkey has been given to or used by more than one users by mistake
2. The softkey has been given to only one person and this person works on two PCs and has not switched the PCs correctly.
"As both situations above are wrong usage of licenses we can not offer support in such cases."

Were you able to get this solved?? I'd apppreciate your help.

fredzell
Local time: 10:44
TOPIC STARTER
Click "Yes" Nov 14, 2013

As I didn't get any response from Across Support, I just clicked "Yes", and I didn't lose the tasks I was working on previously, I also had no problems with sending the finished files back.

I hope it'll work in your case as well!

I still sometimes get this message, even though I'm sure nobody besides me is using my softkey. Also, I have Across installed only on one computer...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across claiming that I log on different machine

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search