https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/260468-opening_cru_files_in_across.html

Opening CRU files in Across
Thread poster: Iryna Khramchenko
Iryna Khramchenko
Iryna Khramchenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:39
Member (2018)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 28, 2013

Please anyone help me open CRU files with Across. I've received the .cru files for proofreading and have no idea how to open them. In Standby remote client only the previous tasks appear and in the standalone edition I don't have import options described in the manual. My Accross version: Across Personal Edition 5.7 57629_en, package version: 16, and I use Windows 7.

AAV
AAV
Local time: 12:39
It is not possible. Nov 29, 2013

CRU file is "Client Response Unit", it is meant for Across Server, you cannot import it.
Translator should send them to the Server and Server should generate new files (CWU - Client work unit) for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening CRU files in Across

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »