Where is across default server?
Thread poster: prozags01
prozags01
Luxembourg
Local time: 14:58
German to English
+ ...
Feb 22, 2014

I tried playing with CrossTerm Manager and can find terms there that don't show up when searching the termbase while editing the "file". There is mention of an "instance" on a default server, but I don't see that instance in Control Panel, Services, SQL Server. I also don't see the name of the termbase even mentioned when I attempt an "export crossterm".

I actually received a CWU of some 15 MB for a Word file of less than 6 pages (and NO graphics). I assume that termbase must be in the CWU somewhere, but why can't I see it? FWIW I cannot see the TM either. I _can_ see some other TMs and one even exported to TMX without the dreaded "you don't have permission"

Is Control Panel, Services even the right place to look for running instances? The only ones I actually see there are ACROSS and MSSQLSERVER.

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

AAV
Local time: 19:58
Consider "instance" as a dictionary Feb 24, 2014

Instance is, basically, a dictionary. Try to search for "Instances" in quickfilters of crossTerm Manager and enable all of them.
Otherwise you will see only those terms, which are somehow "related" to the file you are editing in crossDesk.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where is across default server?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search