Latest Across patch 5.7_60518 not working on 64 bit Windows 7 - suggestions?
Thread poster: Alison Watt

Alison Watt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:16
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 25, 2014

Hi there,

I have a new machine that Across was working on, with no problems - Windowss 7 professional, 64 bit.

I then had to apply the latest patch from Across, Across_v5.7_60518, which has failed. I tried to connect on Sunday when it downloaded and tried to patch automatically but I got a series of error messages.

When I try to open Across I get an error message saying:

The procedure entry point ?GetServerContexts@CBSession@@UA...... could not be located in the dynamic link library BizModel.dll

Tried to completely uninstall/reinstall, on a different machine, AND a system reset - the same thing happens.

During patching I received various messages saying that parts of the patch could not be unpacked including the BizModel.dll

Help!!! I can't access Across at the moment at all. Support are looking at it but nothing seems to be happening very rapidly! Across support have verified that the zipped patch I downloaded was complete.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanceicon_smile.gif

Alison

AAV
Local time: 04:16
Once again under administrator step by step Jun 26, 2014

Hi Alison,

I would recommend you to repeat everything carefully and step-by-step.
1) First of all, try to download patch of this version from Across.net web site.
Don't use autopatching at connection to the server - just download it directly from the website.
2) Unpack and check, that there were no errors when unpacking.
3) Run setup.exe under Administrator account (use "Run as administrator" in context menu).

If Across starts, don't apply autopatch from the server, if possible (probably Server has some problems with installation).

Good luck, and please report how it went.

Alison Watt  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:16
Member (2014)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Afraid I've tried that... Jun 26, 2014

Thanks for your suggestion...icon_smile.gif

After trying the automatic online patch, I downloaded the separate zip from Across and tried to patch it manually as described (there is also a step-by-step process on the website, which I followed, ensuring it was executed under admin.).

The same thing happens and I receive error messages that various elements were unable to install. Across have verified that the zipped patch I downloaded is complete.

I've just tried it again now as per your instructions, for the fourth or fifth time, but it is always the same errors that come up.

Any other clues?

Thanks in any caseicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latest Across patch 5.7_60518 not working on 64 bit Windows 7 - suggestions?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search