Formatting target translation - Across 6.0
Thread poster: Edvige Meardi

Edvige Meardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:26
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 6, 2015

Hi, I'm translating an IDML file with Across 6.0 and I can't format the target translation. In order to use the correct style (bold, normal, italics) I copy the source in the target and overwrite. Is there a way to write the translation and then apply the right style to the relevant part of the target unit? The suggestion for word file doesn't work. It's quite urgent. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edvige

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:26
Spanish to German
+ ...
How to apply formatting style in Across Jan 6, 2015

I copy from http://www.across.net/online-help/v60/across/data/acrossHaupt638.htm

- Formatting
Documents often contain formatting. As a rule, this formatting must also be applied in the translation.
The drop-down list under the Target Editor toolbar contains all formatting styles used in the current source paragraph.

To insert a formatting style in the translation, select the text you want to format and subsequently the desired style from the drop-down list.

Kind regards
Liselotte

P.S.: This works also when translating an IDML-file.

[Bearbeitet am 2015-01-06 17:40 GMT]

Edvige Meardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:26
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 14, 2015

Thank-you very much for your help and sorry for the delay in this message. Hope you received the e-mail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formatting target translation - Across 6.0

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search