Daily output for alignment in Across
Thread poster: kirstinerennie
kirstinerennie
Local time: 11:41
Jan 13, 2015

Hello,

I am wondering if any experienced Across users could help with a query please.

My translation firm is going to have a large volume of work which we will be asking someone to align in order to create TMs for us to use in Across.

Does anyone know what the average daily output (in words) for aligning translations in Across would be?

Many thanks,

Kirstine

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergey Saveliev  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Options? Jan 13, 2015

Is there a particular need to do the alignment in Across environment?
I find it rather hard with my system keeping freezing all the time. This may affect the output.
You can use a third-party CAT-tool, provided that it can export files as TMX which Across can than import and use. Across, unlike many other CAT tools is not too choosy when it comes to TM import.
I suggest ABBYY Aligner, which is a fairly simple but powerful tool. You can than process this TMX in Okapi Olifant so that to eliminate all possible "rubbish", i.e. ghost tags, empty segments, etc.

kirstinerennie
Local time: 11:41
TOPIC STARTER
ABBYY Aligner Jan 14, 2015

Hi Sergey,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. Could I please ask if you have used ABBYY Aligner yourself and if so do you think it is significantly faster than aligning translations in a CAT tool such as Across?

Many thanks,

Kirstine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Daily output for alignment in Across

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search