Thread poster: Oliver Domínguez

Oliver Domínguez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:11
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 14, 2015

Dear colleagues,

The header is quite straightforward, and the point is that I have to ignore the first ones while revising the second ones.

I am using Across v6 Personal Edition Remote Client (documents in a server).

Unluckily, the pdf-file showing all signs and possible icons (quick_reference_crossDesk_Icons_en.pdf) does not help me much. After this PDF-file, segments pre-translated with context match are round and have two colours, blue and orange.

In my file, all previously translated icons have these two colours, but they have a pencil in them, and some are round, some are square.

Can somebody tell me what is the difference between the square and the round icons, and why do all segments have a pencil in them if at least some of them should be context matches?

Your help will be very much appreciated!

Oliver

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:11
Spanish to German
+ ...
Description of these icons Mar 14, 2015

Hi Oliver,
In addition to the normal matching of a sentence with crossTank with respect to the content and style, the context match also takes the preceding sentence and the subsequent sentence into consideration. For this purpose, Across stores the context for each translation unit on the basis of the IDs of the preceding and subsequent sentences or segments.

You can find the description of the icons you mentioned and others in page 474 of the "User manual "Across at a Glance" v6.0", which can be downloaded from http://www.across.net/en/support/documentation/.

HTH
Liselotte

Oliver Domínguez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:11
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Mar 15, 2015

Thank you very much, Liselotte, the manual is clear and solves the problem.

Best,

Oliver

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to differentiate Context Match from 100%

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search