https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/286085-transfer_of_tm_between_trados_and_across.html

Transfer of TM between TRADOS and ACROSS
Thread poster: Global Nomad
Global Nomad
Global Nomad  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 03:34
German to English
May 21, 2015

Dear Community!

I have perused the posts I could find so far in several forums on the comparison between ACROSS and SDL TRADOS functions/ dis-/advantages, though have not been able to find concrete information on how feasible it is to work with both of these softwares, or cooperation between the two.

If anyone can furnish me with a link, information or experiential knowledge on how easy/difficult it is to export/import TM and data files between ACROSS TRADOS, I would b
... See more
Dear Community!

I have perused the posts I could find so far in several forums on the comparison between ACROSS and SDL TRADOS functions/ dis-/advantages, though have not been able to find concrete information on how feasible it is to work with both of these softwares, or cooperation between the two.

If anyone can furnish me with a link, information or experiential knowledge on how easy/difficult it is to export/import TM and data files between ACROSS TRADOS, I would be very grateful!

Many thanks, and I look forward to your response(s).

Wishing you all a wonderful morning!
Yours translatingly
Collapse

Adrian Godfrey
Adrian Godfrey
Luxembourg
Local time: 03:34
German to English
+ ...
Export from across not possible May 21, 2015

There is actually an "export to TMX" button in across, but all attempts to actually use it result in "you do not have permission"! Even loging to Windows with administrator rights AND "run as administrator" doesn't fix this bug.

Perhaps it only works on across servers

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
Finnish to French
Local or remote TM? May 21, 2015

prozags01 wrote:
There is actually an "export to TMX" button in across, but all attempts to actually use it result in "you do not have permission"!

Is this with a TM hosted locally, on your own computer?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transfer of TM between TRADOS and ACROSS

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »