Can I have 2 Across versions in one computer?
Thread poster: Andrea Riffo

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:37
English to Spanish
Jul 20, 2015

Hi all,

Short and to the point: I currently work with Across v5.7, but might need to use v6.0 also. Is it possible to install both in my laptop/desktop?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

lprd027
Local time: 09:37
German to English
+ ...
Not unless you use VMs Jul 21, 2015

Hi Andrea,

AFAIK you can only have one installed version of Across on your system at a time. If you install Across v6.0 over the top of v5.7 all of the libraries as well as the Across database structures will be updated automatically, and you will no longer be able to run v5.7.

Of course, if you have two PCs, you can run 2 different versions of Across, but not in parallel on the same machine.

However, there is a way of getting around this -- by using Virtual Machines. VMs are a lot of work to set up and configure, but can be very useful if your PC is VM-capable and you want to do the work. I myself use them for testing and experimentation.

Regards
Lars

[Edited at 2015-07-21 03:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I have 2 Across versions in one computer?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search