United States
Local time: 17:14
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 19, 2015

Hello:

I use Across Language Server 6.0 64926_en, Package version 18

I was working on a project via my laptop and somehow by some combination of trackpad/left button I managed to drag the "Target View" to the right, to the point that it no longer displays in my workspace. I can't find a handle to drag it back into view, and now my workspace only shows the source segment, and below it the Target Editor.

Anybody have an idea on how to get the Target view to reappear? The "Restore Layout" button does not help. I've looked at all items in the Tools menu, and none of them help me.

If it helps, here is a screenshot of my Across: https://app.box.com/s/wywybnwruzlf4olf3drziq5uy1zgk2gn

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Enrique

*Edit*: Added link to screenshot

[Edited at 2015-11-19 17:30 GMT]

C R Syme
Local time: 00:14
English to German
+ ...
Target view icon Nov 19, 2015

Hi Enrique,

Do you see the icons on the top, one of the icons is highlighted. Click on the icon right of the highlighted one and your target view is back.

Regards,
C R Syme

[Bearbeitet am 2015-11-19 18:44 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2015-11-19 18:45 GMT]

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:14
Spanish to German
+ ...
Edit Mode versus Combi Mode Nov 19, 2015

Hi Enrique,
your crossDesk is in Edit Mode instead of Combi Mode. Below the word "Tool" in the Menu bar there are the icons for these three different crossDesk modes for displaying your text:

Edit Mode: The source and target texts are shown underneath one another in separate windows - the Source View at the top and the Target Editor at the bottom.
Correction Mode: The source text is shown side by side with the translation for the purpose of comparison. (In the Correction Mode, you can only change the paragraph states. In order to edit the paragraphs, you need to use the Edit or Combi Mode.)
Combi Mode: The default mode in crossDesk. It presents a combination of the Correction and Edit modes. In the upper pane, the Context View, the source and target texts are displayed side by side. The current paragraph can be edited in the Target Editor in the usual manner.

HTH
Liselotte

Enrique Chi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:14
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your answer was the right one Nov 19, 2015

Thank you so very much for your help. Because I didn't know where on the screen I had clicked, I didn't know where to look for the answer. I thought I had dragged the column to the right, turns out I had clicked on a button of the toolbar.

Problem is solved now.

You would think it would be a good idea to include the correction mode, edit mode and combi mode under the "View" menu, but the developers at Across apparently don't think so.

Regards, and thank you again,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My Target View column has disappeared, can't get it to display again

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search