Can't return large files HELP NEEDED
Thread poster: Nicholas Stedman

Nicholas Stedman  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:37
French to English
Jan 11, 2016

I have recently updated to Across 6.3 and am no longer able to return large files (over 5000 words) to my client's server.
Small ones are OK and I can upload the original files for translation.
When I try to return large files or even when I try to save the CRU on my own computer I get a weird error message

Substituteld failed
Details Dispatch error #3105 etc....

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?
I have a new computer with windows 8 and never had any trouble with Across 6.0

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to work out what the problem is as I have 30,000 words of translation that I can't return and the Across help desk doesn't reply

The error message says that I must increase the "MaxLocksPerFile registry entry" to get Across to work

Does anyone know how to do this?
Alternatively do I get this error massage because I only have Office 2007?? Do you have to have a recent edition of Office or even MS Access to get Across to work

Many thanks for rapid assistance

Thanks for any help

[Edited at 2016-01-11 11:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-01-11 11:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-01-11 15:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-01-11 16:30 GMT]

Adrien Esparron
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
About the error message Jan 11, 2016

Sorry for what happening...

Here, have a look about this question :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/815281

Hope this helps!

Regards

[Modifié le 2016-01-11 17:35 GMT]

Italy
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still trying Jan 11, 2016

Thanks Adrien

I got an email from Across confirming what you suggested i.e. that I have to change the registry settings

I did so - the computer then seemed to go a bit beserk (I lost the menu strip on the bottom of the screen) but it calmed down after I cut off the power supply

I then restarted the computer but I can no longer get into across as I have "used up the maximum number of activations!!!"

I therefore will have to wait until tomorrow to get back to the support centre

Wasted time now probably 36 hours

Italy
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolution Jan 16, 2016

Just to add that these problems were resolved after changing the registry settings as instructed and uploading the new build of Across 7557 but it has been a bad week, in particular as I was locked out of Across and unable to do anything while waiting for 4 and 20 hours for support to get my account reactivated.

I do hope that Across will take action in future to prevent this happening again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't return large files HELP NEEDED

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search