Licence of the user is undefined Code:#0 File: PackageSecurityUtils.cpp Line: 383
Thread poster: Vikki Pendleton

Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:36
German to English
+ ...
Jan 22, 2016

I was having trouble with Across v6.3 being very slow for typing so I uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall Across v6.0. That threw up an error because the database was too large.

I then saw the post on this forum that said the new build version of Across v6.3 no longer had this issue with being slow, so I uninstalled v6.0 and have reinstalled Across v6.3. However, this is now not letting me log into my client server and is giving me the above error or, more specifically:

License of the user 'Vikki Pendleton' is undefined
Details: License of the user 'Vikki Pendleton' is undefined Code:#0 File: PackageSecurityUtils.cpp Line: 383

I hate this software with a passion, it hasn't worked properly for me for over a month now. Does anyone have any suggestions what I need to do next? Is it a client issue or one for Across support, or is there a simple fix I can do on my PC?

Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:36
Member (2009)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Same problem here, Across 6.3 launches with several errors (Microsoft DB at my end) Jan 29, 2016

Hi Viki,

could you fix your issue?

I just installed 6.3 and I can not start it, it gives me Microsoft DB issues. I find - obviously - no help on the Across website, no forums or available linkedin posts.

It would really help to know, how did you get your installed version work.

cheers,

Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:36
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Jan 30, 2016

Hi Hajnalka,

I contacted Across support who were not terribly helpful. Their standard advice involves uninstalling any security software and deactivating all of Windows own security features (Firewall, Defender). Over the course of my recent issues that did help resolve one of them so it's worth trying. Also, you might as well open a ticket with Across support so that they at least know that people are having problems, even if they don't resolve them!

The most recent issue with Across v6.3, that I posted about here, was not resolved by Across support. In the end I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and then was able to install v6.0, which I prefer and which is the version still used by my clients. I'm sorry I can't help further.

NB: If you do decide to do a clean reinstall of Windows do make sure you have backed up all of your data from your computer to a hard drive or to the cloud and if you have Trados make sure you return your license before doing the reinstall (I found that out the hard way). Also make a note of any passwords you have saved in your browser. (If you have Firefox you can set up a Firefox account and that will store all your bookmarks and passwords for you. Again, I found this out the hard way so I thought I'd share it with you.)

EDIT I've just remembered that when I had database issues (which a friend fixed for me) it was to do with the version of SQL Server my computer was running. It may be that you are still running the 2008 version. This is something I definitely think you should ask Across support about as they will probably be able to help with that.

[Edited at 2016-01-30 21:35 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licence of the user is undefined Code:#0 File: PackageSecurityUtils.cpp Line: 383

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search