Thread poster: Francesca Collodo

Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:42
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2016

Is this by design? I am working on a server project, and it seems that every segment I have saved to the server, I am completely unable to unlock. All the segment status options are greyed out. Help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:42
Member (2009)
German to Greek
+ ...
locked by the client? Feb 2, 2016

If the client has locked the segments you cannot unlock them.

Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:42
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Anna Feb 2, 2016

Anna Spanoudaki-Thurm wrote:

If the client has locked the segments you cannot unlock them.

I wondered if this was the case, I am sure I was able to unlock them earlier today! I will ask her

AAV
Local time: 04:42
Finished segments cannot be edited Feb 3, 2016

Are you working as offline user?
If you've already sent part of the document to the Server being in "translated" state, it becomes locked on your side (it's by design).
You can ask PM to unlock them (set back to "edited"), but in this case it will be necessary to re-generate package for you, and re-download on your side. I afraid that translation work done in between sending and re-generating will be lost, so rather not to do this.
In general, if there is a possibility that some editing will be necessary for "finished" segments, probably it's better not to set them to "translated' - in this case they won't become locked even if they've been sent to server.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to edit segments marked as translated

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search