Adding new term pairs as you translate
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
Finnish to French
Feb 21, 2016

The only way I have found to add new term pairs to the CrossTerm termbase during translation is the following: Alt+1 (to call CrossTerm Manager), Ctrl+Q (Quick Add Terms), manually enter source term in source field, manually enter target term in target field and press Save new terms button.

Nearly all other tools I know have a shortcut to select the source and target terms that are right in front of you in the translation editor and send the term pair to the glossary/termbase, without having to type them in a second time. Is there really no way to do this in Across? Or am I missing (again) something obvious?

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:24
Italian to German
+ ...
SHIFT+ALT+1 Feb 21, 2016

Hi Dominique,

select the source text term. Select the target text term in the editor window and press SHIFT+ALT+1. crossTerm will open and you can add additional information to both terms. Press Save&Close for each term and you are done.

HTH,
Martina

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:24
Finnish to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 21, 2016

Thanks, Martina! Exactly what I was looking for. I wouldn’t have thought of selecting the target term in the editor pane. At least the shortcut is visible when you right click on a selected word in the source column.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding new term pairs as you translate

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search