Thread poster: Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:45
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jun 7, 2016

I apologize, if this is a beginner's question, but I could not find the answer in the Help.

Can I set a paragraph as final (translated) and move to the next untouched paragraph in one step, using a single key shortcut?
So far I have done this in 2 stages, first ctrl+alt+enter for setting the paragraph as final, and then alt+right arrow to move to the next untouched.
As I am working now on an update to an existing translation, a great deal of the text has already been translated, and the untouched paragraphs are scattered between the pre-translated ones. Being able to do this with a single shortcut would be very useful.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
According to the Across manual of version 6 Jun 7, 2016

Dear Yiftah,

according to the Across manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf) on page 416 the shortcut should be:
Ctrl+Alt+Z
Set paragraph to a final editing state (e.g. "translated") and go to next untouched paragraph. Pre-translated paragraphs between the current paragraph and the next untouched paragraph are automatically set to the final editing state.

The manual is also available in German (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_de.pdf)

Since I do not have an open across project at the moment I was not able to test the shortcut.

HTH
Martina

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect. Jun 7, 2016

Martina-K wrote:
according to the Across manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf) on page 416 the shortcut should be:
Ctrl+Alt+Z
Set paragraph to a final editing state (e.g. "translated") and go to next untouched paragraph. Pre-translated paragraphs between the current paragraph and the next untouched paragraph are automatically set to the final editing state.

Martina

Thanks Martina!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirming and moving to the next untouched paragraph

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search