Import Excel comments in Across (v6.3)
Thread poster: JTurner

JTurner
Local time: 07:49
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2017

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how to include Excel comments when importing an Excel file into Across (v6.3)?
I sense it has something to do with "Dokumenteneinstellungsvorlagen" (don't know what they call those in English - document setting templates?), but I just can't figure out what to do. The Help hasn't been helpful on this either...
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that they do appear (I couldn't find them at first...). But what about the other way round? How to ignore them?

[Bearbeitet am 2017-03-21 11:14 GMT]

AAV
Local time: 13:49
Ignore them manually on document preparation step Mar 22, 2017

You can only hide them based on content (e.g. setup an expression to hide everything, what starts with "Note: ...").
However, you can configure additional workflow step, where on first step Project Manager hides everything not intended for translation manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Excel comments in Across (v6.3)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search