Import Excel comments in Across (v6.3)
Thread poster: JTurner

JTurner
Local time: 23:43
English to German
+ ...
Mar 21, 2017

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how to include Excel comments when importing an Excel file into Across (v6.3)?
I sense it has something to do with "Dokumenteneinstellungsvorlagen" (don't know what they call those in English - document setting templates?), but I just can't figure out what to do. The Help hasn't been helpful on this either...
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that they do appear (I couldn't find them at first...). But what about the other way round? How to ignore them?

[Bearbeitet am 2017-03-21 11:14 GMT]

AAV
Local time: 04:43
Ignore them manually on document preparation step Mar 22, 2017

You can only hide them based on content (e.g. setup an expression to hide everything, what starts with "Note: ...").
However, you can configure additional workflow step, where on first step Project Manager hides everything not intended for translation manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import Excel comments in Across (v6.3)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search