Australia
Local time: 04:02
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
May 28, 2017

All,

I have been using the PEBackupRestoreTool regularly with Across 6.0.
After recently upgrading to 6.3 the tool appears to have disappeared from the folder it used to be (C:\Program Files (x86)\across\crossGoodies).
Does anyone know what happened to this tool and how I should back up my PE databases?

Thank you.

Peter

AAV
Local time: 01:02
Check Toolbox folder, tool is called "TEBackupRestoreTool" May 29, 2017

All former crossGoodies stuff is in "Toolbox" folder now, and tool name is "TEBackupRestoreTool".

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:02
Spanish to German
+ ...
TEBackupRestoreTool - C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\Toolbox May 29, 2017

Hi Peter,
the TEBackupRestoreTool is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Across\Toolbox for Across 6.3.

I don't know if something changed, but in the manual (ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/admin_manual_te_v63_de.pdf) on page 17 you can find the corresponding explanation.

HTH
Liselotte Hennig

Nathan Vaillette  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:02
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
But does it work? Jul 1

Has anyone successfully restored a backup using this tool? I make the backup files routinely, but I have zero confidence in anything related Across, so it would be nice to get verification that it has actually worked for someone.

(Across is currently refusing to start for me, and I am considering reinstalling, but I am loath to gamble the several thousand words of translation I've already done on the competence of Across developers, as anyone who has ever used Across will understand.)

Sarah Elipot
Germany
Local time: 20:02
German to French
+ ...
Restore Tool works fine Jul 4

Hi Nathan,
I use the restore tool every once in a while, also with the 6.3 version. I never had any problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PEBackupRestoreTool for Across 6.3

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search