Shortcut key to insert the next tag
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd

Anthony Rudd

Local time: 13:23
Jul 8, 2017

Is there a keyboard key to insert the next tag? The usual method with place cursor in target, position mouse cursor in source, double-click is cumbersome when a large number of tags need to be moved from the source to the target.

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Yes there is Jul 10, 2017

shift + ctrl + "number"
and its not a secret that cannot be found somewhere in the internet if one tried to find it somewhere.
there are zillions of shortcuts, some ridiculous and some very useful.

AAV
Local time: 18:23
Ctrl+Shift+number Jul 10, 2017

This is what can be found in Across Help by the "shortcuts" key word:
http://www.across.net/online-help/v60/across/data/acrossHaupt759.htm

Ctrl+Shift+number
(not on number pad)
Copy an inline object (= gray and green field as well as tags) from the source text to the target text: Ctrl+Shift+1 inserts the first inline object, Ctrl+Shift+2 the second, etc.

[Edited at 2017-07-10 05:30 GMT]

Anthony Rudd

TOPIC STARTER
Insert tag Jul 10, 2017

Thanks, this is what I was looking for - I somehow missed the shortcut in the reference.
A shortcut I found by chance is Ctrl+n to insert CrossTerm entry "n".

Oksana Nastasiy
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:23
Arabic to Russian
+ ...
Does not work Sep 20, 2017

I have SDL 2015 and this shortcut doesn't work in it. Does someone know any other possibilities to insert a tag?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut key to insert the next tag

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search