Thread poster: Maciej Pomorski

Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:53
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Sep 27, 2017

I have used the Across Search & Replace function on another screen while working on 2 screens. When I switched to the laptop screen only, the Search & Replace window is outside the boundaries of the screen and I cannot move it back to the screen. The usual "shift+right mouse button + moving the window with arrows" trick doesn't work because there is only one icon window visible for Across. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 10:53
German to Turkish
+ ...
Did you unplug the 2nd screen? Sep 27, 2017

Maciej Pomorski wrote:

I have used the Across Search & Replace function on another screen while working on 2 screens. When I switched to the laptop screen only, the Search & Replace window is outside the boundaries of the screen and I cannot move it back to the screen. The usual "shift+right mouse button + moving the window with arrows" trick doesn't work because there is only one icon window visible for Across. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thank you.

I had a similar problem with another program and unplugging the 2nd screen rather than just turning it off solved the issue.

Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not in Across Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for this suggestion. It does work for other programs but not for Across - the only thing that works is moving the S&R window from the second screen to the main screen before closing the software. But if you forgot to do it while leaving the office and you're at home without a second screen, you're grounded... Unless there is another solution.

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Restoring windows in Across Sep 28, 2017

Hi,
https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/310327-how_do_i_restore_the_default_screen_layout.html
might work for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search & Replace window missing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search