False spell check positives in Across
Thread poster: Mark Seth

Mark Seth
Denmark
Local time: 06:41
German to Danish
+ ...
Nov 24, 2017

Some words are marked as spell check errors i crossView, although they aren't and I cannot see them as errors in the individual segments. E.g. all segments with the word "hoveddør" (a valid Danish word) are registered in the spell-check error column, but since the word doesn't show with a red line underneath, I cannot add it to my dictionary (where it already is) or ignore it.

Does anybody know what might be the cause? (I'm very much a newbie in Across)

Thanks!

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Spell checking settings Nov 24, 2017

Hi Mark,
that is a nice question. Whenever the CrossView indicates things in terms of Spell-Checking I right click it and re-run the check. This mostly sets things straight. It also could be something crazy, but check that first.
Furthermore I definitely recommend to have a look at the "Profile" settings and to have a look what is set here, because for your language it might make sense to use the Office dictionary instead of the Across built-in sentry checker. Anyway, check out the different setings here because that is generally very helpful.
Have a good one ...
Gerald

Mark Seth
Denmark
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Nov 24, 2017

Thanks Gerald - re-running the check seems to have workedicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

False spell check positives in Across

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search