Has anyone tried Alchemy Publisher 2.0 yet?
Thread poster: Thomas Carlsen
Thomas Carlsen
Thomas Carlsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:17
English to German
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

Hello,
I (as many colleages) received the offer from Alchemy which looks competitive and so on.
Is it worth the 280 EUR?
Has anyone tried it yet?
Thanks!
Thomas

[Edited at 2008-07-25 13:50]

RobertM
RobertM
Local time: 08:17
English
Some info Aug 28, 2008

Hi Thomas,

I noticed your post and thought since there was no reply so far, I could answer the question.

We have actually had quite a few sales of Publisher so far. Most people seem to really like the competitive price point, and the fact that it combines SW, Doc and Help in one environment.

When developing the tool, we have tried to be innovative and practical in our approach. We are trying to give translators all of the cool visual tools they knew in CATA
... See more
Hi Thomas,

I noticed your post and thought since there was no reply so far, I could answer the question.

We have actually had quite a few sales of Publisher so far. Most people seem to really like the competitive price point, and the fact that it combines SW, Doc and Help in one environment.

When developing the tool, we have tried to be innovative and practical in our approach. We are trying to give translators all of the cool visual tools they knew in CATALYST, along with many of the linguistic features you are used to having in other legacy TM tools, so, the best of both worlds...

I can't speak for the experiences of other translators to date, but reaction has been really positive, I hope you decide to evaluate the product and benefit in your own time.

Robert
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Has anyone tried Alchemy Publisher 2.0 yet?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »