https://www.proz.com/forum/alchemy_support/135011-how_do_i_make_leveraging_with_catalyst_8_not_case_sensitive.html

How do I make leveraging with Catalyst 8 NOT case-sensitive?
Thread poster: Catherine Cheetham
Catherine Cheetham
Catherine Cheetham
Local time: 05:16
May 13, 2009

I am using Catalyst 8 Developer Edition for English to Japanese translation, and leveraging from a Japanese ttk which uses Japanese characters.

The text 'Surface Finish' is being translated by the leveraging. The text 'Surface finish' is not. There are many similar examples where the case of the English source means that a translation is not found in the Japanese ttk even though it exists.

I have tried leveraging with:

fuzzy matching set to 100% using the
... See more
I am using Catalyst 8 Developer Edition for English to Japanese translation, and leveraging from a Japanese ttk which uses Japanese characters.

The text 'Surface Finish' is being translated by the leveraging. The text 'Surface finish' is not. There are many similar examples where the case of the English source means that a translation is not found in the Japanese ttk even though it exists.

I have tried leveraging with:

fuzzy matching set to 100% using the same object type
fuzzy matching set to 80% using the same object type
fuzzy matching set to 80% not using the same object type
fuzzy matching set to 50% not using the same object type

Catalyst does not offer any translation for 'Surface finish' even though 'Surface Finish' is translated.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks.

Catherine Cheetham
Technical Author
Renishaw plc (Castle Donington office, UK)
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 05:16
English
Fuzzy match May 14, 2009

Hi Catherine,

I have tested this here and I was able to get a fuzzy match for surface finish, Surface Finish and surface Finish.

Do you get a translation if you use the Power Translate Toolbar?

Would you be able to send me in your files for further investigation under [email protected] ?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How do I make leveraging with Catalyst 8 NOT case-sensitive?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »