Thread poster: Diana Gutiérrez

Diana Gutiérrez
Spain
Local time: 22:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 13, 2009

Hello everyone,

This is a question from a total beginner.

I'm doing a M.A. in Translation and Localization, and we were required to install Alchemy Catalyst (LITE) 7.0 in our computers. After a bit of a chaos with requesting the licence key, I managed to copy it to the right folder and run the program. It should be activated now.

The problem is I get the following error as soon as the program starts:

"Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0, or greater, does not appear to be present.
Please ensure this is installed as Catalyst requires it for certain features to work correctly."

I can still work with the program after that, but it seems that many features are unavailable...

I have a general idea of what MSXML is, but I really don't know what would be best. Should I try and install the Service Pack 3 (which contains a version of MSXML)? Download version 8.0 of Alchemy Catalyst and try my luck with it? Is there any simpler solution?

I use Windows Vista, which has proved to be a pain when it comes to compatibility issues :/

Thank you,
Diana

Direct link Reply with quote

Alchemy Support
Local time: 21:29
English
Download Oct 13, 2009

Hi Diana,

I did a quick search and I found an download link for version 4.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

It is the first time I have seen that issue maybe you could download Catalyst 8 first?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Diana Gutiérrez
Spain
Local time: 22:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Oct 16, 2009

Sadly, installing SP2 for Windows Vista and MSXML 4.0 didn't seem to work, even when I removed the program and re-installed it.

I'll try again with Catalyst 8 this evening :/

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst 7.0 error: MSXML needed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search