How to export a TM from several files in Publisher?
Thread poster: István Lengyel

István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 12:55
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to help a friend export a TM from a Publisher project but it appears to me that Publisher can only export a TMX file from one file pair at a time.

The other thing is that the TMX does not seem to contain any formatting tags. The original data was HTML but all the tags such as or seem to be lost in the TMX file. Is there a way to preserve the formatting information?

Thanks,
Istvan

Alchemy Support
Local time: 11:55
English
No HTML Tags Feb 1, 2010

Hi Istvan,

In Publisher 2 you can create a TM from one PPF file at the time, I think if you use the Clean Up expert you are able to use multiple PPF files but this would only save them in a .tmw file format.

You are not able to include the HTML tags into the translation memory.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 12:55
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Feb 1, 2010

Hi Jette,

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Istvan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to export a TM from several files in Publisher?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search