How to export a TM from several files in Publisher?
Thread poster: István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 14:53
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to help a friend export a TM from a Publisher project but it appears to me that Publisher can only export a TMX file from one file pair at a time.

The other thing is that the TMX does not seem to contain any formatting tags. The original data was HTML but all the tags such as or seem to be lost in the TMX file. Is there a way to preserve the formatting information?

Thanks,
Istvan

Direct link Reply with quote

Alchemy Support
Local time: 13:53
English
No HTML Tags Feb 1, 2010

Hi Istvan,

In Publisher 2 you can create a TM from one PPF file at the time, I think if you use the Clean Up expert you are able to use multiple PPF files but this would only save them in a .tmw file format.

You are not able to include the HTML tags into the translation memory.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 14:53
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Feb 1, 2010

Hi Jette,

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Istvan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to export a TM from several files in Publisher?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search