Thread poster: Jaroslaw Michalak

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:15
Member (2004)
English to Polish
May 14, 2010

I have a serious problem...

I have quoted a project to be done in Alchemy Catalyst Lite based on the Analysis Report. However, when I have analysed the glossary based on the project with a CAT tool, it seems that the Analysis Report wordcount is just 60% of the total wordcount in the glossary (naturally I've counted only one column)!

Why so much a difference? All strings in the glossary seem to be valid (except a stray internal string, but there are few), also there are not many repetitions...

Alchemy Support
Local time: 07:15
English
Build Number May 17, 2010

Hi Jabberwock,

Can you please provide me with your Catalyst build number? This is found in Catalyst under Help > About Catalyst.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Version May 17, 2010

My number Version 7.03 Build 7314. However, I have Lite version - I am not sure if the build the glossary and the analysis were made on is the same... I will check with the client.

Alchemy Support
Local time: 07:15
English
Sorry for the late response. May 19, 2010

Hi Jabberwock,

We have most of the analysis issues in Catalyst 7 have been fixed in Catalyst 8.

Do you have to use Catalyst 7 for the project?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! May 19, 2010

Actually, it was not a problem at all - some of the strings were marked as locked (so Catalyst did not count them), but all of them were exported. Skipping them gives correct results.

Sorry for the confusion!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wildly incorrect Alchemy Catalyst analysis

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search