Thread poster: Margreet Mohle

Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:13
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 1, 2010

I decided to finally try out the Publisher software, but I cannot view MS-Word files (.htm work fine). As I open it, the error message "Failed to create HTML editor" appears. After clicking through this (twice), the document show up in the Navigator pane, but is not visible in the Workspace pane ("There are no items to show") no matter which filter I use. I tried with several different documents, but the problem persists.
Has any one encountered this before?

I forgot to add, after I click through the error message, I get a window "ezParse File Types". If I choose "text based files", the file will show up in Navigator, but is not visible elsewhere.

[Edited at 2010-06-02 00:21 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Alchemy Support
Local time: 12:13
English
Register .ocx file Jun 2, 2010

Hi Margreet,

Can you please have a look at the link below, it seems that you need to register the .ocx file for the HTMl editor.

http://www.alchemysoftware.ie/livedocs/Knowledgewell/alchemy_catalyst/standard_support/licensing/failed_to_create_html_editor___failed_to_create_edit_toolbar.htm

If that does not work can you only uninstall Publisher, reboot your machine and then install Publisher 2 again?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:13
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you & SQL Express installation problems Jun 2, 2010

Thank you, I reinstalled it and now it works.

Still having trouble installing SQL Express, though: it starts with the preparation files, only installs two and gives errors for the rest. I uninstalled an older .NET version, but that didn't do the trick. I have Windows xp Home Edition version 2002 service pack 3.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Margreet

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Problems opening .doc file in Publisher 2.0

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search