https://www.proz.com/forum/alchemy_support/207269-alchemy_publisher_30_translate_multiple_lines_at_once.html

Alchemy Publisher 3.0 - Translate Multiple lines at once
Thread poster: deaniffy
Sep 9, 2011

Howdy,

Is it possible to use the machine translate on multiple lines at once, or perhaps on an entire PDF at once? Going line by line at the moment and after 1500 lines it's getting kind of tedious.

Thanks,
Dean

deaniffy
deaniffy
TOPIC STARTER
Follow up Sep 9, 2011

You can this but you have to use the .TM files that Publisher creates. It's sort of a history of every word you've translated and you can tell it to match the fuzzyness level to something like 95% and just tell it to go. Then you can quickly go over it and make any changes that are needed. But it is able to do a lot of the grunt work for you, and it's a pretty decent machine translation.

Anyone know how I would extract the .TM file from one project so I could use it another? Haven't
... See more
You can this but you have to use the .TM files that Publisher creates. It's sort of a history of every word you've translated and you can tell it to match the fuzzyness level to something like 95% and just tell it to go. Then you can quickly go over it and make any changes that are needed. But it is able to do a lot of the grunt work for you, and it's a pretty decent machine translation.

Anyone know how I would extract the .TM file from one project so I could use it another? Haven't been able to figure that one yet.

Thanks for any help
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 00:21
English
Clean Up Expert Sep 12, 2011

Hi Dean,

I am not exactly sure what you mean with extract the TM but you can clean up all translations into one .TM file and attach it as an active TM for other projects, just follow the steps below:

1. In Publisher open Tools > Clean up Expert (you do not need to have an PPF open for this process)
2. In the Clean Up Expert Window under “Files to clean up” choose your PPF file you would like to clean up
3. Under TMs to update, click on the folder Icon to
... See more
Hi Dean,

I am not exactly sure what you mean with extract the TM but you can clean up all translations into one .TM file and attach it as an active TM for other projects, just follow the steps below:

1. In Publisher open Tools > Clean up Expert (you do not need to have an PPF open for this process)
2. In the Clean Up Expert Window under “Files to clean up” choose your PPF file you would like to clean up
3. Under TMs to update, click on the folder Icon to add/create a TM
4. Click on the button with the three dots and either navigate to an existing TM or type a new TM file name in the “File name:” field
5. Click open
6. Click OK

The PPF will now be cleaned up to the specified TM.

Let me know if you have further questions about this process.

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

deaniffy
deaniffy
TOPIC STARTER
Follow follow up Sep 14, 2011

Howdy,

Thanks for what you said. i managed to create a new .TM file but still not quite sure how to use it.

So I did a work around.

To anyone who wants to automate the process of machine translating a document line by line. I highly suggest you go out and find a program that allows you to create and repeat keyboard macros.

The macros you want to create are:

CTRL+ALT+M
ALT+HOME
DOWN ARROW

And have this repea
... See more
Howdy,

Thanks for what you said. i managed to create a new .TM file but still not quite sure how to use it.

So I did a work around.

To anyone who wants to automate the process of machine translating a document line by line. I highly suggest you go out and find a program that allows you to create and repeat keyboard macros.

The macros you want to create are:

CTRL+ALT+M
ALT+HOME
DOWN ARROW

And have this repeat however many times you want.

Basically all I have to do is hit Start, and walk away. Come back in an hour or so, and just manually go through any of the fuzzy translations.

The program I used to create the macro is called "Hot Keyboard Pro" just plug it into google and you'll find the link, it's free and easy to use.

This has the added bonus of automatically building a strong .TM and dictionary as well. But still not sure how to that Clean Up Expert, or Translate Expert
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Alchemy Publisher 3.0 - Translate Multiple lines at once

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »