Translator Toolbar vanished
Thread poster: Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich

Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Local time: 02:15
Nov 28, 2011

I'm working with Catalyst 7 and am desperately looking for the Translator Toolbar...

Normally, I have it docked on the bottom of the main window. But today I undocked it unintentionally. When trying to dock it again, I managed to hide it completely. There is no way to get it back:

View -> Translator Toolbar ==> doesn't work

Tools -> Options -> User Profile -> Toolbar Window Positions -> Restore Defaults ==> doesn't work

Closing and reopening Catalyst ==> doesn't work

What else can I try?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alchemy Support
Local time: 01:15
Have you tried deleting the registry? Nov 28, 2011

Hi Ursula,

Have you tried to delete the registry for Catalyst7?

Before deleteing the registry you need to export all the custom made ezparse rules you might have via tools > options > ezparse rule > export.

Open run , type in regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alchemy\Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 on the right hand site, highlight the Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 folder and delete it.

When you launch Catalyst does the translator toolbar reappear?

Thanks and regards,

Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Local time: 02:15
Translator Toolbar reappeared Nov 28, 2011

Hi Jette,

thanks a lot!!! Deleting the registry entry for the current user did the trick - the Translator Toolbar is back

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translator Toolbar vanished

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search