Catalyst: How do I insert a line break?
Thread poster: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 08:15
French to English
+ ...
May 21, 2006

I can't figure out how to enter a line break in Catalyst. In segments that already have them in the original they have \r\n, but when I put this into segments that do not yet have them, it doesn't seem to work. I'm sure this was working fine before. What am I doing wrong?

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
The original RC/DLL file probably probably needs to be modified May 21, 2006

I'm assuming that you're working on the localization of dialogs in a binary file and that you cannot create a word wrap even though you've increased the height of the control. If that's the case, most likely the multiline property of that control was set false, when the dialog was designed. AFAIK, this cannot be changed in Catalyst.

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 23, 2006

I'll just have to find a shorter way of translating the page then. Thanks for the explanation.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst: How do I insert a line break?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »