Mac and MS Entourage problem
Thread poster: madak

madak  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2009

This is a sort of Apple to MS crossover question.

I'm new to both Mac and MS Office 2008 (Entourage) and need to get some kind of confirmation that the person I sent the email to has received it. I can't remember having any problem with this in a PC environment, but however much I click around the menus of Entourage I can't find this option.

Any ideas?

Daniel Grau  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
I don't know why they made it so complicated Aug 13, 2009

Here is a possible solution:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html

However, note that not all email programs support this "autoconfirm" feature, and that even if they do, it could be turned off.

Daniel

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:21
English to Russian
+ ...
yes, sure! Aug 13, 2009

When I receive any email with autoconfirmation feature I always suppress it.
I want to say that your software may work normally, and the problem is in your recipients.

[Edited at 2009-08-13 07:44 GMT]

madak  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the solutio Aug 13, 2009

Daniel - yes it's definitely more complicated than in Outlook 2000 and 2003 which I used before becoming a proud owner of a beautiful aluminum machine... I'll set it up as soon as I get time.

Sergei - I am also one of those who suppress most of the time. In this case I'm getting a bit fed up with a solicitor not acknowledging receipt of emails I send (personal matter - buying a flat). As he's a bit older (even older than me) I'm hoping his IT skills aren't up to understanding you can do this....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac and MS Entourage problem

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search