Thread poster: Ingeborg Gonizzi

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:27
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 18, 2010

Hi all,

I've just migrated to Mac, and I'm quite happy with it.

I've spent the day installing VM ware, Windows 7 and Trados 2007 and everything went just fine. But now that I'm testing the software, I found out that the keyboaord shortcuts for Trados don't work on a Mac keyboard!!

Would anyone know how to 'translate' for example shift + insert for copying the source into the target?

Thanks a million for your help!

Monika Rokicka  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
trados shortcuts Jun 18, 2010

Hi Ingeborg,

Keyboard shortcuts for Trados are quite different on a Mac, indeed. I found an earlier post (though on Tageditor) that you might find helpful.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/100240-tageditor_shortcuts_in_a_macbook_pro.html

I'm using some of these shortcuts myself (MacBook Pro), but had to invent some too. I'm sure you'll find your own wayicon_wink.gif

Good luck and congratulations on you Mac!

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
I found this... Jun 20, 2010

Programm and it works fine!

http://rafaelklaus.com/macomfort/

Regards

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million! Jun 21, 2010

Thank you guys for helping me out over the weekend!

Since I'm working mostly on my iMac, I opted for the most 'lazy' option and I just plugged in an old Windows keyboard. It just works.

For my MacBook, I printed the shortcuts Monika suggested, but I first need to find the courage to prepare my macbook for Trados as well ...icon_wink.gif

Thanks again,
ingeborg

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shortcuts on Mac keyboard

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search