Peverelli trad
Peverelli trad
United States
Local time: 22:21
French to Italian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2011

Hi to all,

I have just switched from Windows to a Mac. Everything works very well, but... before I used Copernic to look for words, files in my e-mails, etc. and now I can’t find my way around it, even worse I do not find anything.

Copernic does not exist for Mac. I tried Foxtrot, but every time that I switch on my computer it starts to index again from 0, and it takes 6 hours at least... and every time!

Do you know a program working on Mac and that works
... See more
Hi to all,

I have just switched from Windows to a Mac. Everything works very well, but... before I used Copernic to look for words, files in my e-mails, etc. and now I can’t find my way around it, even worse I do not find anything.

Copernic does not exist for Mac. I tried Foxtrot, but every time that I switch on my computer it starts to index again from 0, and it takes 6 hours at least... and every time!

Do you know a program working on Mac and that works like Copernic Desktop Search?

Thanks a lot,
Gio
Collapse

Beila Goldberg
Beila Goldberg  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:21
English to French
+ ...
Spotlight ... Jan 19, 2011

You have to use Spotlight (integrated in the system) ...
Hope this will help you :
http://www.generation-nt.com/presentation-test-mac-ox-x-snow-leopard-tiger-snowleopard-finder-spotify-dock-macintel-article-1036771-3.html
To know more about Spotlight and how to use it : Aid on your
... See more
You have to use Spotlight (integrated in the system) ...
Hope this will help you :
http://www.generation-nt.com/presentation-test-mac-ox-x-snow-leopard-tiger-snowleopard-finder-spotify-dock-macintel-article-1036771-3.html
To know more about Spotlight and how to use it : Aid on your Mac
Collapse

Beila Goldberg
Beila Goldberg  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Help ... Jan 19, 2011

Sorry, in French "Aide" and maybe "Help" in English (very useful to know more about your Mac and how to use it)

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Spotinside Jan 19, 2011

Hi,

I haven't tried Copernic, but there's a freeware called SpotInside that you may want to check out (though it might be more simple).

http://download.cnet.com/SpotInside/3000-2094_4-10581028.html

/Johan

Peverelli trad
Peverelli trad
United States
Local time: 22:21
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spotinside possible? Jan 19, 2011

Thank you but Spotlight doesn't tell you where the search word is in the document.
I will try Spotinside.

Olga GB
Olga GB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Still looking for a copernic like desktop search Jan 19, 2012

I have the same problem: the way Copernic works is ideal for translators. Please, if you find a similar solution for Mac, update this forum.
Thanks to all!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copernic for Mac????

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »