Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 07:23
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2011

Hello

could anybody suggest some relatively easy to use website creation software ?

I've created a site with iWeb but am unhappy with not having access to some things I'd like to change (eg page/summary headlines) and have been unable to find workable answers to my problems on the net, so I think I'd rather start over with other software (software that would enable me to have a bilingual site).

TIA

P.S. I've only been using iWeb to create the site, not to host it.

[Edited at 2011-09-16 11:15 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Herman Boel  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 04:23
English to Dutch
+ ...
Kompozer Sep 16, 2011

I recommend Kompozer - make sure you use version 0.7 and not the most recent 0.8 which I have found to be full of bugs.

You can use both WYSIWYG and code.

Success!

- Herman -

Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:23
Chinese to English
+ ...
Maybe Sep 16, 2011

Maybe you can also try Adobe Muse (muse.adobe.com ). It’s in beta right now and so it’s free till the beginning of next year. It’s for professional designers but from what I’ve seen should be easy to use.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website creation software

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search