How can I invert listing of Downloads map?
Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:11
German to Danish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2013

Hello,

there is probably a very easy solution to my little annoying problem but I just don't figure it out right now: When I right click on the Downloads map in the Dock it shows a listing of all the downloaded files in the order of downloading. But how can I invert this order? I want to have the newest file in the bottom where I can easily click and drag it. Right now I have the newest file on top of the list and have to scroll up there to find it.

I used to have the reverted order but it changed after I by accident removed the Downloads map from the Dock and put it back again.

Thanks a lot for any hintsicon_smile.gif

Lise

oh and it's Mac OS X 10.7.5

[Edited at 2013-02-25 09:33 GMT]

trhanslator (X)
View > List Mar 4, 2013

This is how I do it in Mountain Lion:

Finder, View, List, click on the Date column header.

Austria
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This doesn't help for the Dock... Mar 14, 2013

trhanslator wrote:

This is how I do it in Mountain Lion:

Finder, View, List, click on the Date column header.

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried it, but it doesn't change the listing order for the Downloads folder shown in the Dock.

Jennifer Hejtmankova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
Czech to English
+ ...
List view vs. Fan view Mar 15, 2013

You have it as "View Contents As >List", don't you? Right click on the Downloads stack, click on "View Contents As> Fan" and it'll go back to newest at the bottom. I don't know how to make the List viewing have the newest docs at the bottom....

Austria
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot!! Mar 15, 2013

Jennifer Hejtmankova wrote:

You have it as "View Contents As >List", don't you? Right click on the Downloads stack, click on "View Contents As> Fan" and it'll go back to newest at the bottom. I don't know how to make the List viewing have the newest docs at the bottom....

Yes indeed this is the solution I was looking for. Sorry my mistake to mix up list and fan view. I guess I was too confused by seeing everything in a completely different order.

Thanks a lot!!icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2013-03-15 13:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I invert listing of Downloads map?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search