Automatically opening next files (audio/txt) Transcription - ActiveX not working on Mac
Thread poster: KarolineB

KarolineB  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:49
English to German
+ ...
Aug 22, 2015

Hello,

I just got my first transcription (German to German) job. The audio files are all just a few seconds long, so the company has devised a program running in Excel, which will automatically open both the next audio and the next corresponding text file and automatically save them in the "done" folder.

The problem is, that I cannot run this on my Mac, as Mac doesn't support ActiveX. I don't have the ressources to run Windows virtually. Is there any other way of making ActiveX work? I only found possibilities for Internet Explorer.

Are there any other programs that will help me at least in part? Opening each audio and text file manually made the whole thing take 10 times as long. So if I don't find any solution, I won't be able to take on the project.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Karo

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatically opening next files (audio/txt) Transcription - ActiveX not working on Mac

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search