Hindi for Mac
Thread poster: aevynn
aevynn
aevynn
English to Hindi
Oct 30, 2007

Are there any Mac users who want a Hindi localization for Mac too? It would be so nice if Mac were available in Hindi too..

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:13
English to Swedish
+ ...
Clarification? Oct 30, 2007

aevynn wrote:

Are there any Mac users who want a Hindi localization for Mac too? It would be so nice if Mac were available in Hindi too..

If I understood you right, you're wishing for the UI of OSX to be localized into Hindi?
I guess that's strictly a market decision by Apple.
The day Apple starts selling tens of thousands of Mac computers in India, the market will prove that there is a real demand.
Until that happens, no lobbying will convince Apple. "Money talks..." as the proverb goes. With the boom in India, I hope it's just a matter of time!

But apart from the system UI, what's the grief? There are already many third party application with Hindi interface, and displaying web sites or mail content in Hindi is no longer an issue.

Read more here:
http://www.simongbrown.com/blog/2005/04/28/hindi_on_mac_os_x.html
Installing devanagari fonts:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8181.html

/Jan

[Edited at 2007-10-30 09:05]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hindi for Mac

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »