https://www.proz.com/forum/apple_mac_operating_systems/96002-downloading_wordfast_for_mac.html

downloading wordfast for mac
Thread poster: Beverly Oates (X)
Beverly Oates (X)
Beverly Oates (X)
Ireland
Local time: 17:37
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2008

I have just got a Mac book and can't seem to get the trial wordfast download to install for use on Word for Mac. Help??

Aleks Zakrewski
Aleks Zakrewski
Poland
Local time: 18:37
English to Russian
try this link Feb 3, 2008

Hi Bevo,
try this link http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html to download the wordfast.
What version of Word for Mac do you use? Is it Word for Mac 2004 or newest release from MS Office 2008 for Mac?
Wordfast runs perfect on my MacBook with Word 2004. I've downloaded and unziped the file, followed instructions in "WfReadMe" file. Works great!
Unfortunately the n
... See more
Hi Bevo,
try this link http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html to download the wordfast.
What version of Word for Mac do you use? Is it Word for Mac 2004 or newest release from MS Office 2008 for Mac?
Wordfast runs perfect on my MacBook with Word 2004. I've downloaded and unziped the file, followed instructions in "WfReadMe" file. Works great!
Unfortunately the newest Word for Mac 2008 doesn't work with Wordfast.
Collapse

Beverly Oates (X)
Beverly Oates (X)
Ireland
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mac and word 08 Feb 3, 2008

Dear Alex,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have the Word 08 for Mac so it would seem I'm in a bit of trouble!! I will contact wordfast and see if they have a solution.
Thanks again,
Bev

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:37
Member (2005)
English to German
Have you installed Windows on your Mac? Feb 4, 2008

Hi Bevo,

I occasionally use Wordfast on my Macs, but I do so (mostly) on the Windows side of the house. You may wish to check the proz.com discussions on using Windows (Trados, DejaVu) with Parallels or Boot Camp on the Intel-based Macs.

I find that it works better in this environment anyway.

Stefan

Beverly Oates (X)
Beverly Oates (X)
Ireland
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast and Windows for mac 08 Feb 4, 2008

Dear Stefan,
Many thanks for your reply. If i can find my windows installation disc I will try same otherwise I'm told it will be another 2/300 euro outlay!!! The problem seems to be the removal of macros and Visual Basic from Windows 08 for mac.
Regards and thanks,
Bev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

downloading wordfast for mac

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »